Leigh Stowell & Co.
digital archive of psychographic data
The gift of the Stowell Datasets to the College of Liberal Arts (and continued gift of new datasets) provide a unique opportunity for WSU to facilitate access to a valuable research resource.
The datasets include over 350 individual major media market surveys (CATI, Random Digit Dialing telephone surveys) collected over the period 1989-2001 and feature approximately n=1,000+ respondents for each market for each year.
Principal elements of survey content
Common content across major U.S. & Canadian media markets
- Brand loyalty
- Leisure activities
- Open-minded/close-minded thinking
- Price sensitivity
- Social and institutional trust
- Sophistication of tastes (marketing sense)
- Level of education, occupational status and income
- Location of residence (US county and zip code tags, Canadian postal zone tags)
- Race and ethnicity
- Sex, age and family composition
- Access to and extent of use of the internet
- Buy/lease/rent purchasing behaviors on a variety of goods and services
- Newspapers read and local media used
- Patronization of principal local businesses and cultural attractions